Water Use Restrictions
On August 20, 2014, the North Coast County Water District Board of Directors adopted Resolution No. 56, implementing water use restrictions for outdoor use. Below is a summary of the new restrictions:
- The application of potable water to outdoor landscapes in a manner that causes runoff-causing water to flow onto adjacent properties, non-irrigated areas, private and public walkways, roadways parking lots and/or structures
- The use of a hose that dispenses water to wash motorized vehicles, boats and trailers, except where the hose is fitted with a positive shut-off nozzle or device attached to it that causes it to cease dispensing water immediately when not in use
- Applying water to driveways and sidewalks
- The use of water in a fountain or decorative water feature, except where the water is part of a recirculating system
- The use of water to clean hard surfaces, such as sidewalks, driveways, and patios
- The service of water in restaurants, except on request
- The use of water on new outdoor ornamental landscaping or turf installed on or after September 1, 2014, unless the landscaping consists of low water use drought tolerant plants
- The irrigation of outdoor ornamental landscpes or turf with potable water more than 2 days a week---except when watering by hand-held bucket, hand-held hose with automatic shut-off valve, low volume irrigation system or water for very short periods of time for the express purpose of adjusting or repairing an irrigation system.
Time of Day Restrictions for Irrigation
No person shall use any water for ornamental landscape or turf irrigation between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
Exception to the 'Time of Day Restrictions': When watering by hand-held bucket, hand-held hose with automatic shut-off valve, low volume irrigation system or water for very short periods of time for the express purpose of adjusting or repairing an irrigation system.
Report Water Waste
To report water waste, or for questions regarding these restrictions, please call the District office at (650) 355-3462.